Careers at DEL:
Power to Our People
At DEL Electric, we’re only as good as the strength of our people. So we give our employees more power on the job than just about anyone else in our industry. You’ll have the power to earn more. The power to advance your career. And the power to realize your fullest potential.
Join Us & Discover the Power of Being Part of the DEL Team:
The Benefits of Working at DEL
When our employees give us 100% every workday, we do the same for them. Here are just some of the ways we take care of our people:
- Extremely competitive pay—extensive opportunities to make more than the industry average.
- Exceptional benefits including family-friendly health and dental plans, matching 401k, paid time off, and no-cost life and disability insurance.
- Opportunities for impressive career growth—we invest heavily in employee advancement and promote from within whenever possible.
- The excitement of doing cutting-edge work with the latest tools on some of the region’s most high-profile projects.
We are currently hiring skilled Mechanics, Journeymen, Master Electricians, and Foremen, as well as in-office staff. Complete our online application to get started.
Earn While You Learn
If you’re graduating from high school and want to move into a skilled career with rapid growth potential, apply now to become an apprentice with DEL Electric. You’ll have immediate advantages over your peers:
- A FREE* 4-year apprenticeship education paid in full by DEL—unlike college, you’ll graduate debt-free.
- On-the-job training with top foremen—learn from the best of the best AND get paid a weekly salary while you do it. (The average apprentice earns $30,000/year!)
- Simultaneous classroom instruction within a State-approved program—earn 24 college credits upon graduation.
- Faster earning potential—the average apprentice doubles his/her salary over 4 years.
- An in-demand skill set—each year in Maryland, there are over 2,450 construction industry job openings.
- The opportunity to earn best-in-class benefits and career advancement as a DEL full-time employee.
*Years 2-4 are paid annually by DEL. For year 1, DEL withholds a weekly tuition fee from your paycheck in escrow. Upon your graduation and completion of several months of post-graduation full-time employment, your year 1 tuition withholdings are returned to you in full.
Employee Success Stories
AT DEL, our “promote-from-within” culture recognizes and rewards hard work and talent. We want you to succeed.
Patrick began his career with DEL as an apprentice. After his apprenticeship, he continued to work with DEL, but never faltered in his commitment to learning. Through ongoing job training and continuing education, as well as talent and effort, Patrick was promoted to Foreman and then to his current role as an entry-level Estimator.
Tim came to DEL with 5 years’ experience as a Foreman. After another 5 years running field projects for DEL, he graduated into a Junior Estimator’s role. When a need later emerged in our Project Management department, we didn’t look outside the company; we knew Tim was ready to handle the job. Today, he manages multiple field construction projects from start to finish and routinely deals with contractors, engineers, building owners, and all our field personnel.
Ron started with DEL as an experienced journeyman, and, within 2 years, was promoted to Foreman. After 3 years of successfully running field projects, he was recognized with another promotion: Assistant Service Manager. Since then, he has worked his way up to the senior leadership position within that department.
Interested in joining the DEL team as an employee or apprentice? Complete this form to get started.